Section 83 of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 refers to the provision of Letting and Managing Agent’s fees, charges and/or penalties and is intended to create full transparency to enable consumers (both landlords and tenants) to ascertain exactly how much they will be required to pay before they enter into any form of contract or agreement. This is not always straight forward as there are many aspects of our service and some landlords have specific requirements. However, we set out below our standard charges.
Letting Service fees
|Lettings and Property Management||18% of rent (15% plus VAT)|
|Extensions or Renewals||12% of rent (10% plus VAT)|
|Lettings and Rent Collection||12% of rent (10% plus VAT)|
|Extensions or Renewals||10% of rent (8.34% plus VAT)|
|Lettings Only||11% of rent (9.16% plus VAT)|
|Extensions or Renewals||9% of rent (7.5% plus VAT)|
Lettings Only Fees, Rent Collection Fees and Management Fees are payable for the whole initial letting period in advance and all extensions, renewals, hold overs, new agreements and periodic tenancies during which:
- a tenant introduced by us occupies the Property; or
- a person or company introduced by a tenant introduced by us occupies the Property; or
- a person associated with a tenant introduced by us occupies the Property – see clause 7.2.7 of the Lettings and Management Terms overleaf for the meaning of “associated”; or
- a tenant introduced by us occupies any other property let by you
Tenant/guarantor referencing £36 per tenant/guarantor (£30 plus VAT)
Administration fee £180 (£150 plus VAT)
- TDS Deposit Registration
- AML check (Anti Money Laundering)
- ‘Docusign’ – online document signing
- Arla/Propertymark Assured Shorthold Tenancy Contract
- Right to Rent Check including follow up for time-limited Visas
- Tenancy Dispute; preparation and submission of evidence to the TDS etc. (only where agent has protected deposit)
- Service of Legal Notices Section 8 or 21 Notices
|Check in inventory||Variable £120-£240 (incl VAT)|
|Checkout inventory||Variable £110-£220 (incl VAT)|
|Arranging EPC (10 year duration)||£90 including VAT (£75 plus VAT)|
|Gas Safety Certificate (GSR) Annual||£80-90 (incl VAT)|
|Electrical installation Condition Report (EICR)||£Variable according to the property|
|Vacant Property Inspection Management Fee||£30 (incl VAT) £25 plus VAT per visit|
|Appearance before any court or tribunal||£300 including VAT per day (£250 plus VAT)|
|Abortive transaction|| £300 including VAT (£250 plus VAT)
Landlord not proceeding with letting after satisfactory references and contract prepared
|HMO Licensing or Additional Licensing or Specific Licensing||£300 including VAT (£250 plus VAT)
Applying for any HMO License on your behalf plus the cost of the license
|Additional Work||£60 per hour (£50 plus VAT)
Work not covered specifically in this agreement to be charged at an hourly rate. Minimum fee is £60 including VAT (£50 plus VAT).
Our services include
- Visit the property and advise you as to the appropriate market rental value for your property.
- Provide any recommendations we may have as to how best present the property together with information regarding relevant legislation.
- Prepare particulars by taking professional photographs and floor plans.
- Advertise the property on our website and other property portals and occasionally in local publications.
- Negotiate terms for the Tenancy.
- Apply for references.
- Prepare a Tenancy Agreement.
- Collect and transfer the tenants’ deposit. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Collect and remit monthly rent. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Arrange routine repairs. (Managed only)
- Arrange Gas Safety Check. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Instruct inventory provider to prepare and check inventory with tenant. (Managed & Rent collection only)
- Return deposit as agreed with landlord and tenant to relevant parties. (Managed & Rent collection only)