Appointments to view properties
•Applicants will be encouraged to take a virtual tour of the property, where available, before making a physical appointment.
• We will only meet applicants at the property.
• Only 2 people may inspect a property at one time – they must be from the same household.
• In order to see any property applicants must be well and asymptomatic. We will ask this question in advance.
• When meeting people outside the office, staff will wear a face mask and gloves. We will supply a face mask and gloves to each applicant if they do not have their own.
• Only the agent will be permitted to touch anything inside the property – anything that the agent does touch will be wiped down with a sanitising wipe.
• Owner occupiers or tenants will be asked to leave the property during the viewing.
• Properties that are being inspected should be well ventilated in advance, wherever possible.
• Safe areas will be clearly marked out in each of our offices.
• Those people visiting our offices will be provided with masks, gloves and hand sanitiser.
• Contractors visiting our offices to collect keys in order to carry out maintenance calls will always be required to wear PPE.
• Property maintenance issues will be carried out on a strict priority basis
• As you will appreciate these are new working practices designed to keep us all safe during this crisis but also enabling us to conduct business on your behalf.
Covid-19 Update – January 2021
Following the Government announcement of a new national lockdown, it has been confirmed that Estate Agents are able to continue working and house moves are permitted to go ahead. Appointments to view properties for both sales and lettings may still be conducted.
Whilst continuing to work during these difficult times, the safety of all our staff and customers remains of paramount importance and we shall continue to follow strict health and safety guidelines.
It is important that anyone wishing to view a property, or requesting a market appraisal of their home, to disclose whether they have had a temperature or any other COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, or if they are currently self-isolating or have come into contact with anyone who has contracted Coronavirus within the last 14 days.
Face masks and disposable gloves will be worn by staff on all viewings, and will be provided to applicants if they do not have their own. It is also important to maintain social distancing measures of a minimum of 2 metres and for applicants not to touch anything within the property. We will open any doors, cupboards or appliances that you wish to see, so as to minimize surface contact.
We will only show a property to more than one person at a time if they form part of the same household. Otherwise, people will have to enter the property one person at a time. Occupiers of a property to be viewed will be asked to be out when we show it to buyers/tenants, so as to minimize risk. If this is not possible then we will work to strict safe distancing measures and they will need to move to a different room to the applicants and for the rooms to be well ventilated.
Where possible we shall provide virtual tours, which will enable buyers and tenants to vet properties carefully before arranging physical viewings.
Click on this link to see the official Government Guidelines. Scroll down to page 17 to see the notes, ‘Moving Home’.
Our priority is maintaining the health and safety of all our customers and staff. We shall therefore be operating with a skeleton staff in the office, with the majority working from home.
Please contact us to arrange a viewing or valuation or if you would like further clarification on our Covid-19 policy.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.